Gurukshetra Stories and Incidents

M/s Gurukshetra Consultancy has focus on strategic communication (Advocacy), Promotors, senior Leadership and CXOs image & positioning, aligning Corporate Social Projects with corporate objectives and streamlining internal communication of corporate structure. M/s Gurukshetra Consultancy is all about defining unlimited contribution and scope of Gurus of Corporate World towards positioning industry, society at large and the country, their Kshetra. Gurukshetra would also feature success stories of CXOs and professionals - people who matter and are Gurus of their own Kshetra.

DON’T LOOK BACK WHEN YOU LEAVE


I was dropping my daughter in the play-school when she was just about 2.5 years old. She was my first child and as all know the daughter and father relation, I too had tears in my eyes. She was crying and here I was also similar. Finally, when the teacher took her inside the school, she gave me clear instructions – “go back, leave her here and don’t look back when you leave”.

I obeyed the teacher completely. I went back, left her in the school and did not look back even though she was crying and shouting papa papa and papa. Very soon a time came when she was independently going to the play-school and managing her home-work and other activities.

That was an important lesson – sometimes looking back makes you emotional and you tend to come back, and stay. You also make people dependent on you. When you look back you would tend to have an eye-contact and eyes speak more than words. The psychology is simple, when you leaving don’t look back, it would be difficult to leave. Be detached to emotions if you need to be strong and want to make another person also strong.

Remember the elders in the house reacting if anyone going out of the house and any member of the house calling back. They would immediately say – “Don’t call people when they are going out. Wait for them to come back.”

Similarly, when people say – “I am Leaving”, they would immediately add – “and I shall be back soon.”

You call them superstitions or black magic, but there are few things that are not written in the books but are largely followed by people from all parts of the world, irrespective of the cast, religion, region or gender.

I too have this habit when I leave home for the office. I don’t look back at the door. I just leave and sit in my car and drive. I have been doing this for many years. I don’t have any explanation to it, but I do it. When I also drop someone at the airport or railway station or even bus-stand, once they leave, I don’t look back and see how far they have gone. I just move from there without looking back.

Many a times someone in the house calls me back, if I had left water bottle or lunch or even my wallet in a hurry. I would go back and pick my things but still while going out of the house, I won’t look back.

You get encouraged by doing so when you see others also following you or when you realise that you followed others doing so.

No superstition was invented in the large cities and towns, they all have their origin in some village in India. There is some fairy-tail or a story attached to them and many similar incidents put together were reasons for origin of a superstition.

You can find logic in many of the such superstition. And the logic would be sometime scientifically correct also. But still you will find an emotional angle to it.

We all have seen cricket matches. Notice, when a player is out, he would straight walk to the pavilion without even having eye contact with his fellow player, who is standing at the wicket or the one who is replacing him from the pavilion. It would be very rare if they would exchange some gestures or some words.

It is quite true that not seeing back, while leaving, also gives inner strength to handle that emotional situation. It makes you tough and for some time detaches you from the person. You might give a call immediately thereafter and connect, but would not develop an eye contact. You would keep exchanging the WhatsApp messages, but still hesitate to look back and connect.

We all live in this world with some scare and fear. We find new ways to overcome this fear. When we feel comfortable and satisfied by doing such actions, it becomes our practice. We polish this practice and it becomes part of our personality. Then it is difficult to change.

Till today, whenever I leave my daughter at the airport, I still don’t look back and see her going. But immediately connect with her once her check-in and security are complete.

If you believe in this, good. If you don’t, someday you would believe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment